• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • Schengen C-type Visa SHORT STAY VISA


    Q: When do I need to apply for this type of visa?

    A: You need to apply for this type of a visa, if you intend to stay in Poland and other Schengen countries for a total of up to 90 days within 180 days period calculated from the date of first entry and you are a citizen of a country that requires to be in possession of a visa.


    Q: Where may I check if I need to posses a visa?

    A: Please check the country list to determine whether you need a visa for stays up to 90 days here .

    Q: I'm going to visit several countries in Schengen zone. May I apply for the Schengen visa in your Consulate?

    A: If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you may apply for a visa at the Polish Consulate General only if:

    Poland is your main destination, meaning that you will be spending most of your time there or Poland is the first port of entry, provided you are spending the same amount of time in each of the Schengen countries.


    Q: What are Schengen zone countries?

    A: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.


    Q: I hold a Schengen C-type Visa issued by Polish Consulate. May I travel to other Schengen zone countries? 

    A: Yes. The Schengen C-type Visa entitles the holder to move within the territory of all Schengen states for up to 90 days within a 180 days period.


    Q: What are the purposes of a visa?

    A: The Schengen C-type visa may be issued for purposes such as tourism, transit, visits to friends or family, business trips, economic or cultural activities, international conferences, sports events, etc.


    Q: May I apply for a multiple-entry visa?

    A: Multiple-entry visas may be issued with a period of validity between six months and five years, where the following conditions are met:

    1. the applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently and/or regularly, in particular due to his occupational or family status, such as business persons, civil servants engaged in regular official contacts with Member States and EU institutions, representatives of civil society organizations travelling for the purpose of educational training, seminars and conferences, family members of citizens of the Union, family members of third-country nationals legally residing in Member States and seafarers; and
    2. the applicant proves his integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous uniform visas or visas with limited territorial validity, his economic situation in the country of origin and his genuine intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for.

    Q: How to apply?

    A: 1. Collect all documents required in order to apply for visa.

         2. Go to -> Choose country - Canada and place - Ottawa -> Visa -> Schenegen Visa -> Register Form

         3. Fill the form out without any omissions, amendments or deletions (application without information in all boxes won't be accepted) 

         4. Submit your application and print it.

         5. At the arranged time and date appear in person to submit your visa application, all required documents, to pay a visa fee and allow  

             consular officer to collect your finger prints (not from children under 12 years old).  

    Applications shall be lodged no more than three months before the start of the intended visit.


    Q: What is the jurisdiction of the Consulate in Ottawa?

    A: The Consular Section of the Embassy of Poland in Ottawa issues visas for applicants residing in: Quebec, New Brusnwick, Nova Scotia, New Foundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and part of Ontario (surroundings of Ottawa Capital region). If you live in other provinces please check which foreign mission is competent to submit your visa application according to its respective jurisdictions as on the web site of the Embassy.


    Q: I'm going to Poland with my wife. May I submit just one application?

    A: No. Each applicant shall submit a completed and signed application form with a bar code and registration number.


    Q: My kids are included in my travel document. Do I need to submit separate applications?

    A: Yes. Persons included in the applicant's travel document shall submit a separate application form.


    Q: Do kids sign up an application by themselves? 

    A: No. Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship.


    Q: When may I submit my visa application?

    A: Applications shall be lodged no more than three months before the start of the intended visit.


    Q: Do I need to submit my application in person? My kids?

    A: Yes. Each applicant need to appear in person to submit their visa application and all required documents, to pay a visa fee and allow consular officer to collect finger prints. Kids too (finger prints form kids under 12 won't be collected).


    Q: Are all mentioned documents required in order to apply for a visa?

    A: Yes, absolutely. Application without all documents won't be allowed to start a visa application process.


    Q: How long do I need to wait for a visa?

    A: Visas are usually issued within a period of 15 days. Your application may be delayed by unforeseen processing requirements. Do not make irrevocable travel plans prior to obtaining your visa.


    Q: Could you return my passport with visa by mail?

    A: Yes. If you want your passport returned by mail, please bring return, self-addressed, prepaid  and register Canada Xpresspost envelope to our office at the time of application (we do not accept Purolator or FedEx envelopes). Consulate does not take any responsibility for documents lost or misplaced by mailing services. 


    Q: What is VIS and where I may find information about this system?

    A: Visa Information System (VIS): Please be advised that as of May 15, 2014 the Foreign Missions in Canada introduced the Visa Information System (VIS), which allows Schengen States to exchange visa data. The introduction of the VIS necessitates fingerprint scans. Visa applicants must therefore apply in person at the competent foreign mission.
    More information about VIS:


    The right of data subjects to information:,The-right-of-data-subjects-to-information.html



    Any other questions? Email us at

    Tags: visa

    Print Print Share: