• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • National D-type Visa LONG STAY VISA


    Q: When do I need to apply for this type of visa?

    A:. You need to apply for this type of visa if you intend to stay in the territory of Poland for more than 90 days (at least 91 days). D-type Visa allows the holder to travel to Poland for a continuous or an aggregate (adding multiple entries together) stay on the territory of Poland for up to a year within the visa validity period.


    Q: What are the purposes of a visa?

    A: The National D-type visa may be issued for purposes such as tourism, transit, visits to friends or family, business trips, economic or cultural activities, international conferences, sports events, etc.


    Q: How to apply?

    A: 1. Collect all documents required in order to apply for visa.

         2. Go to -> Choose country - Canada and place - Ottawa -> Visa -> National Visa -> Register Form

         3. Fill the form out without any omissions, amendments or deletions (application without information in all boxes won't be accepted) 

         4. Submit your application and print it.

         5. At the arranged time and date appear in person to submit your visa application, all required documents and to pay a visa fee.  

    Applications shall be lodged no more than three months before the start of the intended visit.


    Q: What is the jurisdiction of the Consulate  in Ottawa?

    A: The Consular Section of the Embassy of Poland in Ottawa issues visas for applicants residing in: Quebec, New Brusnwick, Nova Scotia, New Foundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and part of Ontario (surroundings of Ottawa Capital region). If you live in other provinces please check which foreign mission is competent to submit your visa application according to its respective jurisdictions on the web site of the Embassy.


    Q: I'm going to Poland with my wife. May I submit just one application?

    A: No. Each applicant shall submit a completed and signed application form with a bar code and registration number.


    Q: My kids are included in my travel document. Do I need to submit separate applications?

    A: Yes. Persons included in the applicant's travel document shall submit a separate application form.


    Q: Do kids sign up an application by themselves? 

    A: No. Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship.


    Q: When may I submit my visa application?

    A: Applications shall be lodged no more than three months before the start of the intended visit.


    Q: Do I need to submit my application in person? My kids?

    A: Yes. Each applicant may be asked to appear in person to submit their visa application, all required documents and to pay a visa fee. Kids too.


    Q: Are all mentioned documents required in order to apply for a visa?

    A: Yes, absolutely. Application without all documents won't be allowed to start a visa application process.


    Q: How long do I need to wait for a visa?

    A: Visas are usually issued within a period of 15 days. Your application may be delayed by unforeseen processing requirements. Do not make irrevocable travel plans prior to obtaining your visa.


    Q: Could you return my passport with visa by mail?

    A: Yes. If you want your passport returned by mail, please bring return, self-addressed, prepaid and register Canada Xpresspost envelope to our office at the time of application (we do not accept Purolator or FedEx envelopes). Consulate does not take any responsibility for documents lost or misplaced by mailing services. 


    Q: I hold a Polish D-type Visa. May I travel to other Schengen zone countries? 

    A: Yes. The National D-type Visa also entitles the holder to move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to 90 days within a 180 days period.


    Any other questions? Email us at

    Print Print Share: